Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 1- I used to be that way...

I want this healthy lifestyle to work so I bought us this book 100 Days of Weight Loss by Linda Spangle.
Today is Day 1.
The title is " I use to be that way..."
The gist of today's reading is to change your thinking by stating what you used to do and how you are going to be different.
Here is the new message that the book starts you off with-
"I used to be that way, but now I am different."
Then, the assignment is to make up new ending because "now that you are different you can do anything!"
Here are my new endings-

  • I used to graze and pick at food even though I was done eating, but now I start cleaning up the food and putting it away instead of sitting there and eating it.
  • I used to eat mindlessly when I am stressed out, but now that I am pausing and thinking before eating I figure out what my needs are.
  • I used to buy junk food, but now I make healthier choices with the foods that I buy by planning meals and making a list of good foods.
  • I  used to not drink enough water during the day, but now I keep a water bottle with me all the time and I drink enough water to keep my body healthy. 
  • I used to not be motivated to workout, but now I love working out in the morning and starting my day with time for me first.
  • I used to not write my plans and goals down, but now I write my goals and I review my plan weekly.
  • I used to be too busy to take care of myself, but now I realize how important it is for me to take care of myself so that I in turn can take care and support others. 
  • I used to think that I could never change, but now I want to change and believe that I can!
It takes 90 days to change a habit and make it part of you. These new statements will be read often so that they will become new habits of mind. I know I can succeed. I know I can make this happen. It is just a matter of time.

No comments: